35 Small Business Email Marketing SoftwareFeatured, Small Business Technology Tuesday, January 25th, 2011
In our recent post we talked about the features that one should look for while choosing the best small business email marketing software. We didn’t provide any software options to choose from in that post though. So, here we are with our list of some of the best email marketing software for small businesses.
Before we start with the list, let’s put across briefly some of the points to be considered before finalizing on the email marketing software:
Small Business Email Marketing Software Features
1. The software should provide features to improve your email marketing productivity such as auto responders, email scheduling, email template library etc.
2. The email marketing software should make it easy to manage and grow your mailing list. Features such as mailing list import, bounce address management etc. allow for easy management of list and features like “Forward to Friend” and “Post to Facebook” help you grow the list.
3. Testing and optimization features such split testing, behavioral triggers, action segmentation, conversion segmentation etc. are a must a have to ensure that you send the right message to right set of people.
4. The software should also provide an insight into the core email marketing metrics such as open and click rate and other advanced analytical features such as conversion tracking and past performance comparison.
5. Lastly, look for the ability to customize the software according to your specific needs and to integrate the software with your current systems such as your website’s CRM.
Let’s now have a look at, in no particular order, some of the:
Best Email Marketing Software for Small Business
1. MailChimp – An easy to use, feature packed, web-based email marketing software with lot of focus on social features and integration with other applications such as Salesforce, WordPress etc. They offer a free account that allows for storing up to 1000 contacts and sending 6000 email per month.
2. iContact – It is another very easy to use web-based email marketing software that boasts of an intuitive interface and strong features. They offer an all-access 60-day trial.
3. Aweber – Aweber has a very strong focus on email analytics and campaign optimization features. They charge $1 for the first month as trial price and regular pricing after that.
4. Constant Contact – They offer event marketing and online surveys, which are also sold separately, along with their core email marketing product. Constant Contact has a very strong integration with PayPal and Amazon that can be very useful for people selling products to their mailing list. A 60-day trial is available.
5. Emma – They put a lot of stress on making your emails look good and that’s why they make users start with creating a custom design for the email (priced separately based on who customizes the design, you or Emma designers). They offer a rich feature set too.
6. Benchmark Email – Makes it easy and quick to create and send email campaigns. Benchmark also has a paid service to outsource your email campaign handling. They offer a 30-day free trial.
7. Vertical Response – Packs almost all useful features and some great extras such as survey and postcards too but surprisingly misses on Autoresponder. You can try it free for 30 days.
8. SimplyCast – Like its name, this email marketing system is really simple and straightforward. On the advanced side, it supports revenue and conversion tracking. They offer a lifetime free plan that allows storing up to 1000 contacts and sending unlimited emails.
9. GetResponse – They offer almost everything that a marketer can think of with their extensive features. GetResponse is heavy on making the email and social and engaging by way of video emails and social networking features. An always free plan that allows storing up to 100 contacts and sending up to 500 email per month is available.
10. Pinpointe – A really powerful email marketing tool that offers best of the behavioral targeting and personalization options to email marketers. They don’t have a free trial but offer a 30-day money back guarantee.
11. Campaign Monitor – They are focused on designers who create email marketing templates for their clients and if you want to do it yourself then you will need some design skills yourself. On other side it’s a system that lets you run campaign very quickly. They let you try the system for free but you will need to pay for sending emails.
12. JangoMail – This email marketing software is meant for power users. It is extremely feature rich with enterprise grade integration capabilities. They offer a full featured free account that can be used to send up to 200 emails per month.
13. StreamSend – An email marketing software with all the basic features. They provide you with a private IP address that boosts your credibility and increases email deliverability rate. They offer a free 30-day trial that can be used to send up to 200 emails.
14. FuseMail – FuseMail offers their own web-based mail marketing software called Campaign Connect as well as a service called SMTP Direct that allows you to send emails using their SMTP servers with your existing email marketing software. They offer a 14-day trial.
15. Campaigner – Offers free of cost set up and customization for your first email campaign. Overall, the system packs in all the basic functionalities required to run an email marketing campaign. A fully featured 30-day free trial is available.
16. eConnect Email – An advanced yet economical email marketing software which boasts of features like RSS to Email that can be used to include your blog’s content in newsletters and integration with Picnik, an online image editor. They also offer a managed program for running email marketing campaigns for those who want to outsource this activity. A forever free plan that allows for sending 150 emails per month is available.
17. EmailBrain – An email marketing software that is easy on price and heavy on social features such as posting to social networks and advanced features such as RSS-to-Email, Email-to-RSS, Microsites etc. They also allow sending text messages to the same subscriber list if phone numbers are available. A 30-day free trial is available.
18. EasyContact – Living up to its name, EasyContact makes it really easy to create and run email marketing campaigns for beginners. They offer a 60-day free trial.
19. GraphicMail – A low cost system with some advanced functionalities. It is very similar to EmailBrain in features except that they offer a 60-day trial as compared to EmailBrain’s 30-day trial.
20. SendLabs – It is an advanced email marketing platform geared towards designers, marketing & advertising agencies and resellers who want to offer email marketing software and services to their clients.
21. Savicom – Savicom is one of the few providers that don’t require their clients to get their mailing lists reconfirmed by asking their contacts to opt-in again. You can try Savicom for free and send emails to up to 10 contacts.
22. myNewsletterBuilder – A web-based email marketing software that you can use to start mailing, even if you don’t have any content. Yes, myNewsletterBuilder offers a readymade content pieces (paid option) that you can send to your contacts. A 30-day trial that includes all features and allows sending up to 250 emails is available.
23. NewZapp – You will like NewZapp if you are a fan of rich internet applications. The interface of this web-based email marketing software is really fast, like a desktop application. A limited featured free account is available to send up to 100 emails per month.
24. YesMail – Their small business email marketing software is called YesMail Direct. It is a modular system with advanced features such as segmentation available as add-on modules. They have another interesting offering called YesMail Prospector that offers specific mailing lists for different business verticals.
25. Ennect – Their core email marketing software is basic and easy to use. They also offer software for administering online surveys, events, and sweepstakes and you can use the same mailing list for all of them.
26. poMMo – An open source software that you will need to install on your web server. Once installed it can be accessed using a web browser from any computer. It is a free email marketing software.
27. Inwise – Offers basic tracking and segmentation features. Ideally suited for one-off mass mailing campaigns.
28. Mad Mimi – It’s a web-based email marketing software with lot of focus on sending beautiful emails. Their library boasts of fresh and tasteful templates and they offer free design assistance as well. They offer a free plan which is full featured but you can’t request support.
29. Contact29 – A web-based email marketing software that focuses on real estate agents. They offer a ready library of pre-written emails with real estate related content.
Desktop-based Email Marketing Software
A desktop-based email marketing software is one that you download and install on your computer and use it just like any other software on your computer, for example: MS-Office. Purchasing these types of email marketing software would require you to make one-time payment. The support options and software upgrades are often priced separately. You will also need a SMTP mail server for sending emails. Although a lot of software allow sending emails directly without SMTP server, you should be cautious about using that option as email services often reject emails that don’t originate from a public SMTP server.
30. GroupMail – Allows sending HTML and text emails in bulk. They offer a limited featured free edition that allows sending 100 emails per send.
31. Email Marketing Director – An intuitive and feature packed email marketing software that offers a library with over 200 templates.
32. e-Campaign – An email marketing software that stresses a lot on personalization. You can send different file attachments to different people at once within the same mailing job. A trial version that allows sending up to 200 emails at once and adds a tagline at the bottom of the email is available.
33. SendBlaster – An economical email marketing software with a great feature set. It also integrates with Google Analytics. Both free and paid versions are available.
34. Handymailer – An easy to use yet powerful email marketing software. They offer one of the best WYSIWYG email composer with MS-Outlook like interface.
35. Atomic Email Studio – A modular email marketing software that offers a complete solution to create, manage and run email marketing campaigns.
Have we missed out on any good choice for small business email marketing software. Let us know in comments!
Short URL: http://www.betadaily.com/?p=6093