How to Solve Apple iCloud Verification Email ProblemAsides, Tips & Tricks Wednesday, October 19th, 2011
Apple recently launched its cloud storage service, iCloud. When I tried setting up iCloud on my iPhone4, I was stuck with the verification email problem. The set up wizard kept asking for iCloud email verification but I couldn’t find any option to send or resend iCloud verification email to my email address so that I can verify it. On further research I found that Apple has changed the way it handles Apple ID. Your email address and Apple ID now have to be same; this is unlike how Apple used to handle Apple ID and email address. Till now you could create multiple Apple IDs with one email address or, in other words, a single email address could have been associated with multiple Apple IDs. This got me to the root of the problem why I was not receiving the iCloud verification email. If you are facing the same problem, please follow the steps below to receive iCloud verification email:
1. Go to https://appleid.apple.com/
2. Click on “Find out” link under “Not sure if you have an Apple ID?”
4. On the next screen, select “Email Authentication” option and click “Next”.
5. Now, go to your Email Inbox and you will find an email from Apple on how to reset the Apple ID password. Click on the “Reset your Apple ID password” link in the email.
6. You will be shown more than one Apple IDs that are associated with your email address.
7. Now, choose the Apple ID that you would NOT like to use for receiving iCloud verification email and click “Next”.
8. Reset the password for this account by providing a new password.
9. Login to Apple ID by visiting https://appleid.apple.com/ and clicking “Manage your account” link. Use the Apple ID that you would NOT like to use for receiving iCloud verification email and the password that you had just set.
10. Click on “Edit” link under “Primary Email Address” section, provide a new email address. Click “Save”.
11. Click Sign Out.
Once you have changed the email address for the Apple ID that you would NOT like to use for receiving iCloud verification email, it’s time to set things right in the Apple ID that you would like to use for iCloud services. Just log in to your account https://appleid.apple.com/with Apple ID that you would like to use for receiving iCloud verification email. You should now see the link to resend verification email under your email address. Click on that link, confirm your email address and you will be all set to use iCloud.
Short URL: http://www.betadaily.com/?p=6314