How to Start a Mug BusinessCreative business ideas Sunday, October 21st, 2012
Selling mugs can be a lucrative business. When one wishes to start a mug business it is important to understand how will the mugs be sold? Where will the mugs be sold? What marketing strategies can be used to start a mug business?
Steps to Start a Mug Business
The following will help one decide how to start a mug business including the type of corporation that will be licensed to track profit, losses, and debts.
1. To start a mug business, determine what clients to sell to. Online customers, distribution to retail locations, and manufacturing of the mugs are all about how to start a mug business. For those who do not have the wherewithal to start a mug business by manufacturing the mugs it becomes necessary to find the product to distribute to retailers or to online customers.
2. In order to start a mug business a license or registration of the company is necessary. To operate a retail company a business license with state sales tax ID number is necessary. This can be done online at the state website.
3. Determine how to start a mug business in terms of selling the items. Is the store going to be brick and mortar or online only? A location may need to be found if there will be a brick and mortar store. A kiosk in the mall might be a good startup location.
4. Anyone looking to start a mug business needs a distributor if they are not the manufacturer. Plenty of distributors are out there with popular themes and messages. Researching trends will help start a mug business in terms of what will sell the most. What are the trends right now for mugs? What are popular characters, sayings, and logos that sell often no matter the item they are on?
5. When you start a mug business it is best to setup a website for eCommerce even with a land location. If you start a mug business online only you will need to have a payment processing system and shopping cart software.
6. Distribution model is another way to start a mug business. In this instance one is selling to retailers or clients for the manufacturer. A land location may not be needed since direct shipping can be used to start a mug business within the distribution model. The retailer orders, the owner that started a mug business places the order, and the manufacturer directly ships the order to the retailer. Craft and gift stores can be the main retailers to sell to once you start a mug business.
The above are ways to start a mug business. There are other avenues for selling mugs. Online stores need products too thus a distributor can sell to online locations only. An eCommerce website with a manufacturing branch might be another way to start a mug business. It depends on the capital one has and the amount of work a person wants to do towards this small business.
Short URL: http://www.betadaily.com/?p=6482