25 Best Small Business Ideas for 2013Featured, Small Business Saturday, January 19th, 2013
Welcome to 2013. The new year is here and a lot of people with their own small business ideas would have resolved to start a business this year or at least start a business that will generate passive income for them. If you are one of these people then read on to find out the best small business ideas for 2013.
Best Small Business Ideas for 2013
Green Small Business Ideas for 2013
There is no alternative to being green to save our environment and everyone, families and businesses, are keen on implementing green practices. This makes the most interesting opportunity for those looking for small business ideas for 2013. Here are some green small business ideas to consider.
1. Bamboo Products: Bamboo is considered to be a green and environment-friendly resource that can be used for making variety of products. You could choose from bamboo furniture to bamboo jewelry and kitchen accessories to home décor.
2. Organic Farming: Start an organic farm and grow vegetables, fruits etc. in a green manner. Organic products are in huge demand especially among the health conscious people.
3.Green Blogging: Help others go green by writing about new trends, technology, products and ideas in this field.
4.Green Cleaning: Provide green cleaning services can be a great small business idea because cleaning is something that everyone requires and taking care of what you throw down the drain after cleaning will be a great selling point.
5.Energy Auditing: Help people who are interested in saving energy in their homes by providing them energy auditing services. Another add-on small business idea is to offer energy management and efficiency consulting.
Pet Business Ideas for 2013
Pets are a passion for a lot of people and they are willing to spend for them too. Pets present evergreen business opportunities for those looking to start a small business. Some pets related business ideas are:
6. Pet-Sitting: This is a small business idea for those who love pets themselves and know how to take care of them.
7. Dog Treats: People love to feed their dogs and what better than healthy treats. If you have the knowledge and skills for making dog treats it can be a lucrative small business idea.
8. Dog Training: This is an old but evergreen business idea. New dog owners always look for help in training their dogs which makes it a worthwhile business idea for those who know how to train dogs.
9. Designer Products: Providing custom-made designer clothes and accessories for pets can be an interesting idea as lots of pet owners want their pets to look unique and different from others.
Education Business Ideas for 2013
10. Home Tutor: If you have the required qualification and expertise in a subject, becoming a home tutor can be a great business idea.
11. Interactive Educational Content: Studying from textbooks can get really boring and people are looking for interesting ways for kids to learn. A business that can create interactive and engaging educational content can prove to be great success.
12. Education Consulting: Students look for help in choosing their colleges and universities and will be will to pay someone who can help them select the best courses, colleges and universities according to their capabilities.
Teen Business Ideas for 2013
13. Internet Research: It can be a great business idea for those teens who have the knack for finding information on the Internet quickly.
14. Data Entry: Teens having good typing speed with high accuracy can start data entry business in their free time. Yes, there are several legitimate data entry opportunities available; however, you should be cautious and should check for the reputation of the person or business giving you the work.
15. Candle Making:It is a great business idea for teens that requires very little investment. All you need is some wax and few moulds and equipments to get started.
16. Social Media: Most teens are social media savvy. There are several social media consulting firms that require help in doing work on social sites. It can be a fun business to start with for those who love being on social sites.
Home Business Ideas for 2013
17. Article Writing: With the ever growing demand for web content, article writing is one of the best small business ideas for those looking to start a home based business in 2013.
18. Event Planning: People need help in planning their events to make them more interesting and unique. Event planning is also required so that the event can be conducted successfully and within the defined budget. If you have the required creativity along with planning and budgeting skills, event planning can be a great home based business idea.
19. Virtual Assistance: Becoming a virtual assistant is a lucrative home business idea for those who have the required expertise in business related tasks. The earnings depend on the complexity of tasks that one can take up.
20. Travel Planning: A travel planner is required by those who need assistance in terms of creating an itinerary, selecting places to visit, hotels to stay etc. Becoming a travel planner is an easy and inexpensive small business idea because it requires little to no investment.
21. EBooks: Today, more people are reading ebooks than physical books and it has become really easy for anyone to publish an ebook. Creating and selling ebooks is one of the best small business ideas for 2013 because of the rapidly growing demand for ebooks.
22. Design Patterns: Creating design patterns for sewing and knitting can be a really satisfying and profitable small business idea for those who have creative skills.
Tech Business Ideas for 2013
23. Mobile Applications: The growing adoption of smartphones has created a huge market for mobile applications. Just like ebooks, creating and selling mobile apps is going to be one of the best small business ideas for 2013.
24. Tech Support: Not many people know how to solve a hardware or software problem and always look for help. If you have the technical knowledge and skills you can start providing tech support for those who are not very tech savvy.
25. Flip Websites: Website flipping involves buying, improving and reselling websites. If you have Internet skills and some money to invest, website flipping can be a profitable small business idea for 2013.
This is certainly not the most comprehensive list of small business ideas. Do share your small business ideas for 2013 through comments.
Short URL: http://www.betadaily.com/?p=6525